Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A person of note

I met someone today at work that was very cool to talk to, and who I was actually able to talk about our trip to.
When you work in emergency medicine, it sometimes doesn't leave any ability to be fully social.. A lot of times it's very somber, no one wants to hear you talk of a vacation or your amazing weekend while their beloved pet has been sitting in an ER all night.
Rob gets to talk to a lot of the guests that walk into the bar. When he tells people of our quickly approaching adventure, it's usually received very positively. An older couple even told him that we've got it all figured out and they wished they would have when they were our age.
But the guy, Fred, that I got to talk to at length this morning was rocking cool. He's a flight attendant and says he did it to be able to see the world. And so I have it written down, at his recommendation, to go to The Lost World in New Zealand. I will not forget, Fred! He's also the first person I gave this blog address to and didn't personally know. Other things we talked about was realizing our own  mortality and grabbing life before it catches up with you. We ended our conversation this morning by him saying he would be thinking of how our trip was going. I couldn't help but give him the blog address and tell him to "travel with us".
I meet a LOT of assholes at work. It was nice to meet and talk with someone so very cool. Keep on flying high, Fred and eff those Damn airplane seats getting smaller!!

No comments:

Post a Comment