Sunday, April 6, 2014

Getting down to the wire

So here we are, 11 days until we leave and 14 til we start the trail. We went Monday and bought all the little random leftover odds and ends for our packs. I'm getting so excited and then the reality of some of the sillier stuff sets in (OMG will we have enough money, will I be able to make it the whole way, is Pants going to be ok.. and so on and so on.). Honestly its the packing up the house that's stressing me out even more.
We slept outside in the tent last Sunday night with the 50 degree sleeping bag. It was the coldest its been here in a bit (a whopping 52 deg overnight). He was fine, but I feel that if we hit any colder temps I would be chilly. We're going to try again tonight with the other bag and see how we do. For me its definitely going to take some adjustment. I think I will bring my small foam/muscle roller thing. It can double as a pillow and to work out some of the day to day hiking kinks.  
Today I take Pants over to her temporary home. I feel bad. I keep trying to tell myself she'll be ok and she'll adjust. Possibly better than I am at the moment.
Tonight is his last night of work and I have only 2 more. By now, I'm just ready to be done with it all and out in the mountains. I'm ready for some nature therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment