Thursday, July 20, 2017

How it used to be 

I used to be a part of something.

Something Familial. 

A Community.

And it changed in an instant 

with a decision not mine. 


Now I'm out. 

Cast aside

An outsider 

An interloper 

I used to be a main character 

But no longer invited. 

No longer welcome


As always 

I cleave my own path

Driving ever forward and upward y

Just like before. 


My soles are heavy 

My heart is hemorrhaging 

And sometimes I venture alone 

A trail blazed with people 

Loved, lost, and left behind. 


Some days my compass spins

my soul aches 

My baggage is heavy 

Some days I wander 

Other days I'm lost

And other days, 

I'm a Tolkien quote


From a dull throb to agony

Onward I go

Just a few more miles

journey to the next destination

And hope for a better view

No comments:

Post a Comment