Monday, June 26, 2017

I tried to kill myself... 

So yeah.. it's a thing.. and I did. 

In November, I was in Oceanside. Staying with the best people I know. I had gone out the night before with a complicated guy and it didn't end positively. But the next night I walked down to the ocean and I thought about throwing myself in it. 

Let's be clear on something.. at a young age, my favorite 'fairy tale' was The Little Mermaid. No not this Disney-happy-ending-for-all shit. 

The real one..

Where she doesn't get the prince. She sacrifices herself for his happiness and throws herself into the ocean to become eternal foam on the tide. 

First of all. Fuck that. My happiness is first and I sacrifice it for no man. 

Second.. sadly.. it's poetic and beautiful and something I loved and romanticized my whole life (sorry Hannah. I didn't need 13 reasons or tapes.. this shits just better written.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment